Saturday, April 23, 2011

What happened to spring?

I just came in from walking the dog on yet another rainy day.  I know this is April and we are supposed to get "showers" but for goodness sake, why is every day a cold and rainy one lately?  Bubba really smells bad!  True, the daffodils are blooming and the lilacs are budding, heck even the weeping cherry is starting to show signs of life but really do we need this much rain to progress into summer? 

We had great news this week!  I had my second round of testing on Wednesday and then a biopsy on Friday.  I know last week we had met with the nurse practitioner and we all were excited about not feeling the lump anymore but now we have confirmation of the lump being "gone."  I am sure it has not completely disappeared but they could only find the marker on the ultrasound for biopsy.  They were saying, rather than where the tumor is, where the tumor was.  I have had six chemo treatments and it is awesome to hear that it is working so well.  We still have to have the rest of the chemo, surgery, and then radiation but at least now I am extremely hopeful that it will be gone in the end and hopefully this will be a chapter in my life I can use to grow from and never have to repeat.  What have I learned?  Hmmm.....

One thing could be that as awful as today might seem, tomorrow (even if it is still raining) is a gift that I should never take for granted.  I rejoice in another rainy day.  I look for the joy (like the flowers) that it will bring in the near future.  I appreciate every day more than the one before because there is no guarantee that tomorrow will come for any of us.  Rainy or not, I look forward to daybreak and the promise of another day with my family and friends.  The best part is that tomorrow is Easter and I will get to each chocolate!  :)  First church, then chocolate. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment