Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vacation week is over!

It seems like it takes forever for school vacations to arrive and then they are over in a snap!  The same could be said about this school year.  It seems like it just started and already today is May 1st.  Happy May everyone.  There are only about 7 or 8 weeks left for students to be in school before summer break.  It seems the older I get the faster they go. 

As for the battle, it's been a relatively quiet and good week.  Treatment consisted of only one infusion this week, which went quickly.  Emily accompanied us to Boston this week and she got a birds-eye view of treatment.  I'm not sure what she thought.  She really has not said much, but, then again, she never does.  I did get a huge bruise on my arm from the IV this week -- not very attractive at all.  I think this is just something to get used to but I will definitely speak with the doctor this week about it.   Nosebleeds and bruises at the IV seem to be my thing, I guess -- well, in addition to heartburn, hot flashes, and hair loss. 

Next week is a big week all around.  Lauren has her finals and will be home for the summer next weekend.  I have a visit with my oncologist this week in addition to a full course (3 infusions) of treatment.  I have been told the tumor is not visible and not felt so I am interested to see what the doctor will have to say about it.  I wonder what the surgery will entail since there is now no tumor.  I am sure she will refer me to the surgeon for questions like that.  I also wonder if there will be a need for as much radiation as they anticipated.  Hopefully not.  Anyway, I will ask my questions and do what the doctor says...be a good patient, in other words. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment