Saturday, April 2, 2011

Second Saturday

This is a better Saturday than last.  I was so tired last Saturday I took a 2-hour nap in the middle of the day.  It is almost bedtime now and I have not felt the need to nap yet.  Hopefully I will have another good night of sleep, like last night.  I have only taken one prescription pill for nausea today but I have needed to take Zantac also and a bit of antacid.  Nausea is not my problem, heartburn is!  I have to remember to drink plenty of water too.  Water seems to make the biggest difference in how I feel -- the more the better. 

Today I worked, like normal.  I walked and chatted with friends, like normal.  I went out to dinner with hubby, like normal.  There are many days when I feel normal and almost forget that there is a huge battle going on in my body.  The sun comes up, I walk the dog, I make breakfast, joke with the family, clean up, and basically go about my life, like normal.  I can certainly understand why some are concerned about me, thinking I am still in denial.  Life often seems quite normal.  I am, however, aware that things are not my "normal" normal.  There is a battle going on.  I am sick right now, but every like-normal day reminds  me that this is a temporary situation and my chances of overcoming this are excellent, providing I follow what my doctors recommend and take time and care of me. 

Who knows what tomorrow will bring for me.  I only know that right now I feel okay.  I have spent a wonderful day with my husband and children, friends, and loved ones.  I have eaten well.  I have spent time being active.  I have spent time reflecting and being grateful.  I know God is with me.  He will guide me through this and I will, hopefully, learn the lesson I am meant to learn.  I am not afraid.  I am certain that there is something good that will come out of all of this, even if it is just the lesson for those who are in my life that it is very important to take care of themselves.  Get those mammograms, do the self-exams, see your doctor regularly.  You are an important part of this world and must take care of you. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment