Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let's talk about spring...

Spring is a time of new beginnings.  We celebrate Passover and Easter, which help us recall our pasts and that new beginnings came from horrible situations.  I think the biggest lesson I learned in history class in school was that everything cycles.  There are times of peace and times of war, times of destruction and times of renaissaince, times of desperation (like the Great Depression) and times of great prosperity (like the 80s?! -- so I'm told).  I also learned that bad styles and great trends always come back.  Wouldn't it be great if we could pick and choose what comes back.  Well, in a way can't we.  Even though bellbottoms come  back in vogue does it really mean we have to wear them?  It is definitely a choice, right?

I choose to focus on the wonderful things I see happening outside my door.  The crocuses smile at me each morning.  My daffodils are getting ready to burst with their color and even the forsythia are threatening to break forth in spring song.  Who am I to focus on the gray of my interior walls when so much color is popping through outside.  Okay, so the lawn is still a wonderful shade of golden brown (especially next to my neighbor's wonderful sprinkle-fed, Greenlawn lawn) but there is always hope for that.  My apple tree will bloom in the next few weeks and I am sure the birds are building nests in my backyard as we speak.  They have been busily bustling around the front yard tormenting the cat. 

I have not seen temperatures on the weather map with anything less than a 4 in the tens place during the day.  The nights are no longer slipping into the 20s or teens either.  The 60s are promised for this weekend.  How can anyone see this and not at least break into a brief song of "Spring, Spring -- Glorious Spring!"  There is so much beauty about spring and coming out of a long winter that I must celebrate.  I think I am going to go get the mail, check out the temperatures, and maybe drop the top on the convertible and take the dog for a ride!  Why not?!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment