Friday, April 1, 2011

Family and friends

During my infusion yesterday I met with the social worker.  We discussed many things about my diagnosis, my treatment, my viewpoints and outlooks, as well as my support system.  Putting it down on paper certainly brings it to reality.  My "tree" is a mighty oak with lots of branches and limbs.  As I have said previously, I am very, very blessed.  It certainly gave me a moment to reflect on those less so.  I cannot imagine sitting in that infusion chair with no one sitting next to me, no one there to drive me home so I could sleep, and no one calling to see how I was feeling afterwards.  The thought breaks my heart and certainly puts a seed in my head about how to help when I am better. 

For now I want to focus on those wonderful family members and friends who grace my world.  These are people who have aggravated me, harrassed me, loved me and no matter what I know will be there for me.  There are a few who have disappointed me and I will try to find forgiveness in my heart.  They are few, though, and I know they have issues of their own to deal with so that will help me to forgive them.  The rest have been wonderful.  Anything I need, I only need to ask.  Dinners have been arriving from neighbors on chemo nights.  I have drivers lined up if Steve needs to be at work for anything or if I need shopping or just want to be "out."  I also have friends who are willing to just hang out and watch a movie if I ask.  I AM SO LUCKY AND BLESSED!

Thanks to my family and friends.  You have been wonderful!  I love Fridays with Dad and Nana.  I am looking forward to movies with Trish.  I like my dinners with Lauren and hope we can start our walks again soon.  I enjoy afternoons with Emily just chillin' and our impromptu shopping trips (although shopping with a 16-year-old is not fun for very long, I enjoy our time together).  Steve is my favorite chemo companion.  I am so grateful to have them all!

Keeping the faith! :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment