Sunday, April 17, 2011

Great news, and not so good news

Things have been going wonderfully so far.  I have felt pretty well most days.  I have had little to no side effects from the chemo and I have an awesome support network.  The greatest news of all, however, is that the lump is no longer palpable (we can't feel it), which means the chemo is working and my prognosis is awesome.  My providers are very encouraged by the progress.   

There is always some not so good news too though.  My blood pressure is high because of the chemo and I will probably need to go on medication for that.  One more medication to add to my never-ending supply it seems.  Luckily this is a temporary situation and will not be necessary once the chemo is finished.  I add this to the fact that my veins are deteriorating and finding a place to put the IV every week is becoming more difficult.  My hands are black and blue from being stuck.  I know they want to persevere the arms for after surgery but seriously we have to find some way to lessen the black and blues. 

Beyond that things are going well.  I am very tired from all the prep for Passover and Easter.  I have had help luckily and I did not have to have the meltdown I expected I would have to have.  I do find I am a little short with everyone right now though.  I think a nap for a couple of hours will probably fix that right up.  Of course getting rid of the heartburn that has crept into my chest this morning might also be helpful.  There is one particular medication that is supposed to keep my stomach from getting upset that really seems to lead to heartburn.  Luckily there is only one more pill to take this time around and I don't have to take it every time.  Thank God for Maalox.  It takes care of the heartburn almost immediately so just a trip upstairs will make me feel better. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment