Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

Today was a better day than yesterday.  It rained (poured actually) for most of the day and it was gray and raw -- my least favorite kind of day.  Although...I noticed the trees are really fuzzy now with all the buds, which means it won't be long until we have leaves again.  My flower beds are bursting with new foliage and my fingers are getting itchy to be back in the dirt.  I think it might just be time to start the tomato plants.  I'm going to try the upside-down ones this year and see how well this method actually works. 

We are back to chemo tomorrow.  I have had such an awesome week symptom-wise that I am dreading the infusion tomorrow.  Anyway, there is more testing coming up next week too.  I hear I will have another PET scan and MRI as well as another biopsy.  I must have been picked for the extra biopsy because I thought I would not have another one until close to the end of treatment.  Whatever...I will just be a good patient and do what the doctor tells me.  I know there has been some confusion with scheduling this week so I hope that when we get there tomorrow everything is all cleared up.  I will have to make arrangements for rides. 

Oh...my hair has actually started falling out (the little bit I have left after shaving it).  Luckily my wigs came in today and gave us all quite a laugh.  There is one that looks like I have an animal on my head (obvious not a great wig) and the other is not so bad -- but very blond.  I didn't expect it to be so blond but, then again, summer is coming and my hair is always lighter in the summer.  I think I have actually gotten comfortable with the buzz cut I have been sporting for a couple of weeks now.  It will be sad to see it go.  I am still holding out hope for keeping my eyebrows and eyelashes, but whatever will be will be.  They will grow back once the chemo is done and I am well on the road to recovery.  I noticed recently that I can no longer feel the lump.  I am hoping that is good news. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment