Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I went to class last night...

I was so nervous and scared.  I had not gone back to school since the diagnosis.  I was not sure what people would think about my hair, or lack thereof.  I was not sure what my peers were told about my "illness," but I definitely got the opinion that it was not much.  I was certainly not feeling confident about sitting in the dining hall with my daughter eating away with such an obvious "deficiency."  I tried to make it alright but still I was self-conscious. 

Anyway, it was okay.  I am feeling self-conscious about my hair.  That seems so stupid to me since I am the one who chose to shave my head at this point.  The doctors tell me there was time before it would start to fall out.  I wanted to be the one to choose when and how, especially since I had absolutely no choice about getting cancer in the first place!  The class itself was interesting and thoughtful.  There are some great thinkers there and I know that I will be inspired by them!  The class is going to be TOUGH since it covers the biggest part part of my chemo.  There is a lot of work to be done and the teacher is enthusiastic about her course materials.  I have a job ahead but I know I can do it, a little at a time. 

Last night was good.  Today is good.  Tomorrow will be fine.  One day at a time, as Grammy used to say!

Keeping the faith! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment