Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thanks for the flowers!

The "flower fairy" visited me yesterday.  There were a bunch of annuals out on my zen garden with a note begging to be planted (the plants were talking, of course).  They were beautiful and needed an area in the yard where I could see them every day and they could be the focal point.  I certainly don't have the energy to dig through the roots that occupy the front yard so I decided I would fill one of the plantars from out back and move it out front and fill it with the beautiful flowers, which I did manage to accomplish today.  Luckily for me I managed to find a spot in the compost pile that was soft enough to dig.  I also had the happy surprise of finding a huge foxglove blooming in the compost pile.  Beautiful surprises!!!  Thank you to the flower fairy!  :~) 

So besides that what kind of day was this you wonder?  Pretty good.  Emily went to the beach with the boyfriend and his family.  Lauren was home for most of the day but did have to leave for work around 3:00 so I have been on my own since then.  Just me and the dog.  I have wandered around the house, picked up the messes I have encountered, and worked on schoolwork.  I have finished my reading and am now on the computer to do my discussion board work -- no really, I will get to it soon. 

I am working on my third jug (32 ounces) of water for the day.  Yesterday I could only get in two and I felt so dehydrated all night.  I actually got up a couple of times during the night to get a glass of water, which I never do.  I am supposed to drink at least three jugs every day to ensure that the chemo goes well.  I am not sure that it really matters but why take the chance, right?  I always try to get in a fourth the day before chemo to make sure I am hydrated enough for them to find a vein.  We do have treatment this week so I am going to try to be very good.  In the meantime, more schoolwork.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment