Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy week, sorry no posts!

W-O-W.  This has been an eye-opening week.  The new regimen is tough.  I am tired, nauseous, and cranky.  I thought having two weeks between treatments would make it easier to deal with.  NO WAY!  Now I have a week of being tired without the benefit of a treatment.  We were not quite sure what to do with ourselves either.  We did end up staying in Burlington Wednesday night (we had already reserved a hotel room because of an early appointment) and pretty much we slept in, had a late breakfast, and came home.  It was nice to get away with just the hubby!  :)

Today is a good day.  Besides the fact that it is my birthday (and what cancer patient is not grateful for one more of those) but I also felt pretty normal today.  I had the energy to go out with friends and visit for a while.  I helped hubby clean the cars and enjoyed dinner out with the girls.  I even had a visit from my dad.  Pretty good day all around. 

This is treatment week.  I am not wild about the red injections I now have to have during the infusion.  I am not sure what those are all about but I will ask this week.  I have to give myself an injection at home 24 hours after the infusion to help with my bone marrow suppression.  That did not seem to be such a big issue.  I know now why I have this extra belly fat from the chemo -- for the injections.  My energy level drops significantly after infusion and injection but now that I understand how it is going to go I can plan better and do better.  Eventually we will be done and life will begin the new normal.  In the meantime, I will persevere.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment