Saturday, June 4, 2011

One more week done!

Week 11 has been a tough one.  I am tired most days and am dragging myself around from room to room trying to get something accomplished.  I am extremely grateful that next week is the last week for this current treatment.  Week 12 finishes the Taxol and other drugs.  Week 13 begins the Avastin and carboplatinin, which I hear is a real bear!  Luckily treatment will be every other week for four weeks only.  I AM ALMOST DONE WITH CHEMO!  I have never been so happy to type a statement in my life.  I dreamed of being at my last chemo treatment so many weeks ago when I met in the lab with a woman who was at her last chemo treatment.  I am now so close I can almost see the light. 

Developments and changes happen.  My original surgeon is going to be out on maternity leave so I must now meet with a new surgeon and hope that things click since I will not have as much time to reconsider options.  It looks like surgery could potentially be minimal and that is wonderful news to me.  I am truly afraid of being away from home to have the surgery and I am hoping that it will only be a day or two.  I am certainly not looking forward to the pain! 

Radition is still a distant concern.  I am really taking life one day, and sometimes one minute, at a time.  It is almost over and then I can begin looking forward to the day where cancer no longer is in my daily vocabulary and discussions.  I want very much to think about teaching techniques and student successes.  I want to focus on becoming a special education teacher who will guide students to wonderful futures.  Perhaps I might even share some time with the future doctor who cures this cancer and many others.  Ahhhhh..... Much nicer thoughts.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment