Friday, July 8, 2011

Too hot to blog lately!

Sorry folks.  Once the thermometer hits 85 everything shuts down.  I cannot function, even in the air conditioning and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the cancer.  This is just life.  I hate the heat!!  It is safe to say that I will never spend extended time south of the Mason Dixon line.  Then again, I am not too fond of the cold either so going any further north is probably just as unlikely.  There has to be some place in the world where the temperature is around 75 to 80 degrees year round.  That is my ideal!

So since this is a week without chemo there is not really much to write about.  I feel okay most of the time.  Sleep is still tough.  I really need to be in the air conditioning and any time it is over 70 (the temperature in the house) I am awake all night.  I will be so happy when things are back to normal and I can regulate my body temperature better.  I overheat so quickly and then get cold so quickly that I am constantly flipping the blankets on and off -- keeps the husband up all night too. 

Next week is my almost last treatment (one treatment left after that).  We have t-shirts we made to wear to the last treatment so I consider this next one the last treatment before we wear our t-shirts.  Hubby is going to take pictures and hopefully a video to send off to GMA for Your Three Words, which is a segment they do on the weekends.  I am considering donning the baldness for this special once in a lifetime picture.  The kids are still planning to do a photo shoot of me and my hats, when the are home for more than a few minutes or to sleep.  We will just have to wait it out.  I am still considering whether to post them on Facebook or not.  There are a couple of pictures that a friend posted from a party with the wig on, which I am not sure how I feel about.  I am not really happy with the overall appearance of myself right now.  Bloated and bald is never a good look. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment