Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday already

What a fast week and weekend.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  It was a chilly one but survivable.  I went to First Communion Mass to see the second group of second graders receive and then took my aunt to the cemetary to clean the graves.  When I got home my family took me to lunch and then I collapsed in exhaustion.  I slept for a couple of hours and I really don't know that I ever fully recovered.  I think I pushed a little too hard to be "good" last week and now I am feeling fully drained.  Even today I am still dragging my bottom from room to room. 

I have so much school work to do today too.  Luckily I just got a message on-line from my professor that her surgery took a little more out of her than she thought it would (not that I am happy about that for her) and that she was cancelling class tomorrow night.  Now I have to finish the second chapter, develop a discussion for the board, and work on my critical task.  Not too much...yeah!  I am still waiting to hear back from my general education teacher interview teacher.  Hopefully I will be able to get Em to complete hers before tomorrow and I can submit that assignment and cross it off my list. 

In the meantime, I have taken two naps so far today, each for about 45 minutes.  Emily will not be home until after driver's ed at 8:00 and Lauren is with Jon.  I have time to work on assignments and rest as I need to.  It would be great if I could get something done in the meantime -- maybe my interview reflections or start the critical task.  Whatever, I think I will just listen to my body today rather than trying to do it all.  It would be nice to be back on track.  Shopped this morning for a return to healthy eating.  The family will be happy about that, although I did break down and buy their hot dogs and macaroni and cheese they have been begging for.  Sometimes you just have to give in...

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Don't push yourself! Rest and take it easy and listen to your body!

    ReplyDelete