Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love to laugh

I love to laugh.  I love TV shows that are stupid.  The Big Bang Theory does this, which I am missing right now to do my blog.  We watched Alice in Wonderland earlier as a family.  I really didn't expect to like it but I did.  The book was very hard to read and I read it so long ago.  Perhaps I should try again this summer.  I love most Robin Williams movies.  I love spending time with my friends and family.  It gets tense sometimes when "issues" come up but they are friends, and family, so you work it out and end up laughing in the end.  Tomorrow is daddy/daughter/Nana day.  Dad and Kathy (aka Nana) will come down for lunch and then we will hang out for a couple of hours.  That always makes me laugh.

Know what doesn't make me laugh...getting the IV every week (Getting it out does though).  I also don't laugh when my stomach gets upset after chemo (luckily this doesn't happen very often).  I can laugh off hot flashes now, but not so much heartburn.  I also don't laugh when I speak with my nieces on Facebook.  I love them tremendously but have not been able to see them for two years or so.  There are family issues I guess and I'm not allowed in anymore.  I MISS THEM TERRIBLY!  That makes me sad.  I can laugh and be happy, though, when I think about the times we did share and what wonderful girls they are inside.  Both of their parents loved them well, just not necessarily each other.  I'm glad that they still get to have both parents in their lives though.  They need that.  Anyway, enough sadness -- back to laughing.

I love to swing on the swings and go as high as I can.  Perhaps not the best thing I could be doing right now, but then again, maybe it is.  I love to wander around the garden center and think about where I would plant all the plants.  I love to move furniture and see how my rooms look with things switched around.  Unfortunately my house and furniture don't work well together and I can only have things work well in one particular configuration.  That is sometimes frustrating but I still try.  I love playing ball with the dog.  I wish he enjoyed it as much as I do though.  I throw the ball maybe a half dozen times and he quits.  I love baking cookies and then sending them to the neighbors.  I don't want them in the house.  I just love baking them. 

I love hanging with my inner circle.  These are the people who are on list #1.  (Let me explain that -- list number one is my index finger.  These people are the ones I can call at anytime and know they will race to be here no matter what I need.  They are not a huge group because I don't let many people that close.  List #2, however, is my middle finger, for those people who say they want to help but then are totally unavailable or difficult to deal with when I do ask for help.  Given they are the middle finger I assume you can figure out where they stand, and that list is not too long either.)   Everyone else is on my list of gratitude.  I certainly could not face this battle without them.  I want to spend the most time with list #1.  They make me laugh, they comfort me, they build me up, they take care of me and what I need.  They tell me to stop and take care of me and then make me when I resist.  They fill my heart.   They are the ones I need to be successful in this battle.  Thanks to all of you, and you know who you are!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment