Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Wet Wednesday!

I just planted grass seed.  I found a bag in the garage with a little left over from last year so I decided, since it's going to rain anyway, I will throw it out there and see what happens.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  :)  I am usually brought down by the gray skies and rain but today I am hopeful that it will bring wonderful change (in my lawn) and that it will not flood my basement, like sometimes happens when we get a lot of rain.  I will just be hopeful.

Tomorrow is chemo treatment #8 (?).  I am losing track but I think it is #8.  It is a long one!  I will get all three infusions tomorrow in addition to having blood work and seeing the doctor.  It is going to be an ALL DAY affair.  I just printed a bunch of information for my critical task for school.  Guess what I will be doing while I am sitting in the office tomorrow waiting for my name to be called...  I was assigned Other Health Issues - Diabetes.  How very exciting for me.  Luckily I have some life experience around working with students with diabetes so I have a jumping off point -- not to mention the fact that we have had many family members who have had the disorder.

As for me, things are still going well.  I find myself focusing more and more on the stuff on my list rather than taking care of me.  I have to be reminded every now and then (whether it be from severe heartburn or drop-dead fatigue) that I am still battling cancer and that I need to put myself rather than my list first.  It's tougher to do when you feel so well most days.  Anyway, tomorrow will certainly be a reminder that I need to take it easy and follow the directions of my doctors.  I will do my best to be a good patient. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment