Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogspot has issues too!

I tried so hard to post yesterday but the site was having troubles.  Oh well, blame it on solar flares. 

I wanted to share some random thoughts today.  First, thank God the sun is out and shining brightly.  I needed a little sun therapy, although I was reminded by a friend that the Son is there every day and all I have to do is look for him.  How humbling for me and how grateful I am for such reminders. 

Next, I am no longer a newbie.  Steve and I went to DF with Lauren this week (who actually managed to get up and be pleasant at 5:00 in the morning).  We arrived to follow a confused CT driver into the parking deck.  As they backed up the ramp to obtain a ticket from the machine (not the attendant), which is the routine, Steve and I looked at each other and laughed "newbie."  We followed them to P3, the early arrival parking area, and followed them into the elevator.  They showed the confusion that we did initially about where they were going and I felt honored to guide them on this first visit.  I am eight weeks into a 20-week chemo protocol.  I am no longer wet behind the ears, but I am not finished yet either.  A couple of weeks ago I had the honor of going into the phlebotomy room with a woman receiving her last chemo treatment.  We got our IVs placed together and walked back to the waiting room together.  As we parted company I congratulated her on completing chemo.  She smiled at me and said "You'll get there soon."  This is such an amazing journey!  I have met wonderful people whom I would not have had I not been given this challenge. 

We went to Kelly's Diner in Somerville on the way home so Lauren could share that experience too.  We love diners.  The food is not fancy but the people are amazing.  There are so many stories.  Anyway, we had our lunch and made the journey home.  I think we will try something different next week.  We'll have to wait and see.  There is actually another diner-like place we have eyed every week and maybe that will be our destination of the week.  We arrived home around noonish and I wanted to crash and rest.  Steve has so much nervous energy though that it makes it hard to do so.  It took him a couple of hours to find something to hold his interest and then I got to rest.  I love having my appointments in the early morning hours but then I am not sure what to do with myself, or him, for the afternoon and evening. 

Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary.  I love my husband very much and I am looking forward to having him all to myself for the evening.  Lauren is going to Jon's.  Emily is working until 9:00.  Steve and I have no solid plans but I am hoping to have something in the works before he gets home!!  Anyway, I must get working on it...

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment