Saturday, January 7, 2012

One week down

It is amazing to think that one week of this year is gone already.  I did not end up working at any school this week but was kept busy by my aunt who is going crazy in rehab.  She is so ready to go home and luckily will be next week.  All I have to do is make it through Tuesday and all should return to seminormal in that realm of my life. 

I had a great visit to the wound clinic this week.  My wound has decreased from 8 cm to 6 cm and the width is much narrower.  It appears the new dressing is working well.  I am adding to that the fact that I have added massage techniques and meditation in an effort to bring the best results.  I meet with my new radiation oncologist on Monday and hopefully she will tell me that we can go forward with radiation.  That will be the best possible outcome in my mind since that is the last portion of the cancer treatment.  Although the wound will not heal during radiation I can certainly focus on maintaining gains and preventing infection while radiation progresses.  I think it is possible that some additional healing could occur in the initial portion of radiation and that will be the focus of my meditations. 

This week promises to be very busy.  I have the doctor appointment on Monday in addition to my transcription work.  Monday night is going to be my "night off," although I do start an online course that night.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I am hoping to be working in one school or another.  Tuesday night my classes start again in Manchester.  That also happens to be the day my aunt is being discharged.  I will have to stay super organized in order to make time my friend that day.  I will just put my mind in the right place and believe that all will work out the way it is supposed to. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment