Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The end begins

Wow, that sounds so apocolyptic!  Actually it's a good thing.  My radiation appointments have been scheduled, mapping is done, and I am all set to begin the last step on this journey (I am not including continued wound healing in this.)  Appointments start Wednesday and end on March 5th.  It will be almost exactly a year since I had been diagnosed.  I cannot think of a better way to end a journey than by making a complete circle back to good health!

School has started once again.  The online course, so far, has been okay.  Everyone seems so young in the class though so I am feeling a bit like the old timer.  I am not jumping to judgment yet though.  I will give it another week or so before I drag out the walker.  My second course starts tomorrow.  I am anxious about how I will handle both courses, working part time, and getting radiation.  The first thing to go, of course, will be work.  I need to invest my effort in getting well first and completing my degree second.  Both are SO CLOSE.

The family is well.  Auntie is back at home and so far today everything has been quiet.  I have not heard from anyone else so I am going to assume that all is well with them also.  Emily did come home sick today and I had to "force" chicken soup on her.  I use the word force because that is the one thing that she has never given me trouble about eating.  She actually asked me to make it for her so of course I did.  The funny thing is that she has a tummyache so I am not quite sure what the chicken soup is going to do.  Usually that is for colds or the flu but I am told it cures everything so will just have to wait and see. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment