Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First visit to Dana Farber

Today was a good day, relatively speaking.  We met with the surgeon and oncologist today as well as the radiation oncologist and trial coordinator.  I decided to participate in a clinical trial with some new medications, providing I qualify.  After talking it over with hubby we decided that since the basic chemotherapy program was the center of the new trial we would commit to it.  I will receive the basic chemotherapy and possibly a combination of the new medications.  My feeling is that there has to be a reason that I have been given this challenge.  If a little extra discomfort on my part can save another from suffering then I have to do it. 

Anyway, there is relief but, of course, we realize there are no guarantees.  The doctors were optimistic and we feel more at ease but there is always the chance that something will come up that is unexpected.  We will continue to hope for the best and stay as positive as possible.  I am going to be spending a LOT of time in Boston.  I love Boston and will try to focus on what I love about it rather than the discomfort I am experiencing at the moment.  Discomfort will pass and life will continue. 

At this point I want to focus on getting better.  I am meditating on having a healthy body and have bought a game that to me represents the opportunity to destroy my tumor cells (I get to smash a bunch of blocks).  This makes me feel empowered!

Keeping the faith! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment