Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Testing is done, chemo begins

I am glad that my doctors are thorough.  I have had almost every test you could imagine -- CT scan, bone scan, MRI, echo, mamm/ultrasound, PET scan, and on and on and on.  Now that everything is done I can  begin to heal.  Chemo starts in the morning and I am glad to start my healing. 

I have been so busy getting ready I really have not had time to think about what is about to happen to me.  I find it ironic that I have worked my entire life to keep the toxins out of my body and now I will be deliberately pumping them in to save my life.  I have this evening to think about getting sick and losing my hair.  I am certainly not looking forward to that.  Actually I have planned to let the girls shave my head on Saturday.  We will make it a family affair.  Steve wants to make designs.  Fine, whatever...as long as we can shave it off afterwards and it won't look silly. 

I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow but I will try to stay positive and know that every treatment brings me closer to being healthy again. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment