Sunday, March 27, 2011

First treatment down

No one said this was going to be fun, or easy.  I understand, really I do.  I am very lucky, though.  I am surrounded by so many people who want to be there to help me get better.  I have a wonderful family, great neighbors, fantastic friends, and a supportive community within school and church, all of whom want me to be successful in this battle.  I feel the support every day and work to be grateful for the prayers and support.  I feel the warmth of my support system.

I will be honest in saying this is scary.  I hate the idea of not having hair.  I hate the idea that I have constant heartburn, but I must admit this is better than nausea.  I don't like the idea of possibly losing my fingernails.  I am not fond of the temperature shifts -- one minute I am freezing and the next I am having a hot flash.  I thought this was supposed to happen until menopause.  Still, I have to laugh at myself for being such a whiny pants.  Every symptom I have reminds me I am still breathing and still alive and likely to continue to be so, as long as I do as I am told.  I have awesome caretakers and they know what they are doing. 

I have no testing this week, only chemo.  This time there is only one infusion so it is hopefully going to be an "easy" week.  We need to go into Boston later which will help us avoid the traffic.  The infusion will not last as long as last week either.  These are all positives in my book.  The sooner it is over, the sooner I can begin the next round of recuperating.  I am really loving my afternoon naps!  :) 

I also plan to go back to school this week.  I have cut my classes to one this time around so I can get a better feel for how well I will be able to cope.  I look forward to getting back to supper dates with my daughter and taking our walks for mommy/daughter talks.  I have missed this and I hope to be able to enjoy this throughout the spring, until she leaves me to come home.  I guess I will need to supply my own suppers then. 

Thanks for all the support and kindness!  It gives me great strength.

Keeping the faith! :~)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for our time together this week! Over the summer we will have to think of something else to do. Walks are a definate, but lunch or dinner we will have to think about.

    By the way... Were you not the one to always tell me that it is just hair? Like you said to me: It will grow back.

    Stay positive :)

    ReplyDelete