Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thanks!

I am not sure if there is any good way to show appreciation for those in my life who step up to the plate at times like this and are willing to do anything I need.  I have been overwhelmed by the show of support that I have received.  Everyone wants to know what I need them to do for me.  The simple answer is...I don't know yet.  Transportation to and from the hospital seems to be the focus for now and we have that covered so far.  I am still feeling great so taking care of the house and doing shopping is not something I need right now, maybe soon.  I feel badly when I have to tell people I really don't need anything right now except their positive thoughts and well wishes.  Those have been an amazing source of strength for me.  I know it doesn't seem like much to those who want to get their hands dirty with me but it has given me strength I really didn't know I had.  I know I am strong but the added strength has certainly helped.

As I begin chemo this week I think it might be nice to have some dinners in the freezer so my daughter will not feel the need to take over and run things.  It is not her job to be the mom so I really would like to spare her that.  It also would be great if my floors could get swept and the bathrooms could be cleaned but, again, life will not change tremendously if these are not done as regularly as they had been.  It is just my need to keep control over the household.  I need to chill and ignore the dust for another day.  Maybe next week I will feel better and will be able to dust and sweep and scrub.  If not, I will reach out for help. 

To those who have offered help, please know the offer is appreciated.  As we need things we will reach out and let people know.  Until then, keep the thoughts and prayers coming my way, our way.  I have turned a wall in my office into what I am calling my Wall of Hope.  When I start to feel badly about my circumstances or maybe am not feeling 100% I come here and read my cards and look at my poster.  I certainly gather strength for the support and know that hope is near.   Thanks again!

Keeping the faith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment