Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So close!

It seems like this cancer thing is never going to end.  Yet, here I am, three treatments away from being finished with radiation -- the last step in treatment.  At this time next week I will be done with cancer treatment.  I will still be healing from the side effects (like wounds that won't heal and radiation burns) but I will be able to close the book on being a cancer patient.  I will call myself a cancer survivor on Monday afternoon, after treatment.  I look forward to this.  I has been almost exactly a year since I was diagnosed and I will be done.   Whew!!!

In the meantime I am on vacation from school (work) and am trying to get my school (school) work under control.  There is such ugliness surrounding the online course and I feel badly about it.  I really look forward to it being done though.  I will do assessments on my nephews today so that I can put that part of the critical task behind me.  The problem is that once I get it done, if history is true, the assignment will change and the work I have done will be for naught.  Patience and perseverence.  This is just another hoop on my way to my degree. 

Otherwise, Emily is feeling better.  Bubba is happy to have us home.  The new mattress and boxspring were delivered this morning so I can look forward to a good night's sleep (hopefully) and we are due to get a good snowfall this afternoon.  Winter has finally come to New England.  The sad part is that it is going to warm up by Friday and Saturday is going to be in the 50s.  I guess I am not really too sad about that, really...

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment