Monday, February 20, 2012

The home stretch

It seems like it has been forever in coming but here we are at last -- the home stretch.  I have 10 treatments left in radiation.  So far the side effects have been minimal.  I have a nice burn in my armpit and one underneath the breast.  They told me today that there are only 2 more treatments at that location and then that will begin to heal, which should take about a week.  The final location is the surgical site itself, which kind of scares me because this is where the open wound is and it is likely that no further healing will take place until this is all over and done with.  The wound is still 2 cm in depth.  I had hoped to have it cleared by now but I am truly glad that it has healed as well as it has and is no longer 8 cm in depth. 

Otherwise, I am in school all week.  I am filling in for a kindergarten class.  Today they were horrible!  I don't think I have ever said that about a class before.  Of the 16 students I think I could say 4 were acting appropriately.  The rest were yelling, screaming, running around, throwing themselves down on the floor in tantrums -- anything but what you would expect in a classroom.  I promised to go back tomorrow.  ;~(

As for my own classes, I almost give up.  The online class is almost impossible to anticipate.  It seems like every week there is another interview that needs to be accomplished or another data collection that needs to be done.  I am begging around for input.  I interviewed a special education teacher friend and am begging for reading assessment information where I am now so that I can build a case study for the final project.  I can't possibly collect the data myself when I have no students of my own and I don't belong to a particular school body.  Luckily I have friends in the schools who are willing to support my efforts.  Thanks go out to them!

Keeping the faith! 
Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment