Monday, March 5, 2012

Today I am joyful!

TREATMENT IS DONE!  Everything looks good.  I feel positive and peaceful, yet anxious.  How long does it take to get used to not having to see a doctor regularly?  I guess I will have to wait and see.  I still have to heal the wound but I suspect that will happen soon too and then what? 

I should be heading back to work full days this week.  I am taking tomorrow to veg and reflect.  I know today's joy may just be a momentary thing.  I hope not, but I am ready if so.  It was funny...as I was driving away from radiation this morning the song playing on the radio was Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop.  As I am singing along I listen to the words and I say, ahhhhh yes...this could be divine intervention.  Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, don't stop it'll soon be here.  It'll be better than before.  Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.  Maybe I am reaching a little bit but it seems like divine intervention to me, especially since the very next son was U2's Beautiful Day.  Little things like that make me go hmmmm...

I have been pacing the house since I got home wondering what to do with myself.  No I really don't want to vacuum the floors and no I really don't care if the dishes are still sitting in the sink.  Yes I do want to ride my bike even though it means trekking through the snow and dragging it out.  I suppose I could throw on my snowshoes but then I would have to take them off just to ride my bicycle.  I finally gave in after much debate with myself.  I took the bike out and rode it around the neighborhood.  It was COLD but it sure felt good to be pedaling.  Maybe later I will reacquaint myself with the eliptical, which I have avoided for the past few weeks.  We will walk tonight and that will be icing.  In the meantime, I will play Words with Friends and do whatever else hits my fancy.

Keeping the faith!  (Darn glad I did)
Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment