Friday, October 28, 2011

Did I mention...

My baby girl had her first major accident this week.  She backed into someone's truck.  It was a total accident and could have happened to anyone, but it happened to her.  This will change her life.  Luckily there was no one in the truck and she did not get hurt.  However, her pocketbook is going to be empty for the next five years (if she's lucky it will only be for five years).  Worst case scenario is that she will not be able to afford this little life lesson and she will need to give up her keys.  Steve has given her two months to find a job with more hours so she can afford her expenses.  We are certainly not going to pay them for her and just let her go about her life as if she has no responsibilities.  Didn't happen with Lauren, not going to happen with Emily.

In other news, the holidays are upon us.  Halloween is Monday.  The house is decorated (barely) and the candy is in the foyer.  I look forward to sugaring up the neighbor's kids and sending them on their way, just like the neighbors did for me for so many years.  No costume for me this year.  I just don't feel the importance of it anymore.  Emily is going to a dance tonight but that (and trick-or-treating) is the extent of our festivities. 

Next comes Thanksgiving.  We have made plans with Lauren and Jon to have Thanksgiving here on the 13th.  I didn't want her to feel pressured to be here on the day, or to go to Grampa and Nana's.  It would be nice if she could stay home and enjoy the holiday as she would like to.  I certainly don't want to be the demanding in-law who insists on having things done my way, or the way they always were.  I am certainly open for something different!

I am not sure about Christmas yet.  I will get back to that later.  I am sure we will set the tree up and put up some decorations but I really don't think I am going to do all the pine boughs and lights like we have in the past.  Simplify and enjoy is my new moto.  Again, that doesn't need to be decided right now!

All is well and I am keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment