Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Little sad today

I am starting to feel the winter doldrums.  I know it is very early but I was thinking about Christmas today (I was cleaning the floors and was doing the spot where the Christmas tree stands every year) and I realized that Lauren would not be home this year for Christmas morning and probably would not be again.  There was always the four of us Christmas morning to open presents and stockings and now there will just be the three of us.  It will be funny (strange funny, not ha ha funny) but it is nice to be developing new routines with just me and Em and hubby too.  Emily always wanted to be an only child!

Today is a beautiful fall day.  I have gotten my work done and it is ready to deliver to the doctor in the morning.  I finished my homework for class tonight last night so I don't have to worry about that.  As I mentioned earlier, I cleaned the floors this morning.  I have dishes this week and they are done.  I think I might just get started on my homework for Thursday since I seem to be on such a productive roll.  I have three chapters to read and they are long and boring.  I think if I can do a chapter a day it might not seem so bad. 

As for the battle, I am still healing a wound that I am told might take months to heal.  It was suggested to me that adding vitamin D and extra zinc might help things along.  I think I will also look at my homeopathic catelog to see if there are any products in there for boosting immunity and aiding wound healing.  I am still waiting for the nurse to arrive today (it's now 1:30 pm) to change the bandages and clean the wounds.  I changed them this morning anyway so I'm not in any rush for them to get here.  There has been a different nurse every other day so I have had many opinions offered about how to best treat this.  After a couple of frustrating days with increased bleeding and drainage I finally called my surgeon this morning to see what she suggested.  She wants to go with the original plan and let the "friable tissue" heal.  Luckily there does not appear to be any goopy drainage to be particularly worried about and it looks like I just have to wait out the healing.  In the meantime, though, I cannot work (in schools) and this is terribly frustrating to me.  Radiation also cannot start until everything is healed.  Again, frustrating.  I will continue to do what the doctors tell me though so I can be completely better.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment