Thursday, November 3, 2011

Things are going to be different

I am going back to work.  I have discharged the VNA.  I visited the wound clinic this morning and have learned to take care of my wounds.  The care plan is different from what I had previously and I will have to change the drains everyday myself.  This is a little concerning to me but I am guessing that after a few days this will be old tricks.  The materials we are using are a little different too.  They look the same but contain different "ingredients" to encourage wound healing.

I am excited and nervous about going back to work.  It is time.  I have been out too long and the coffers are getting low.  Even though I am still healing it is important to the well-being of my family that I start contributing financially again.  I wish my hair had grown back a little bit more so I wouldn't have to wear the wig when I go in but it hasn't so off I will go with the bright blond locks.  I'm sure it will be fine.  It will certainly be nice to be working with kids again!

As for other things...we missed Halloween and trick-or-treating because of a big snowstorm and power outage.  They have rescheduled for Saturday but I am guessing that there will not be as many kids and that, well, it's just not the same!  Thanksgiving is going to happen for my family Sunday, 11/13 because of scheduling issues and prior commitments.  We will then visit with my father and stepmother on Thanksgiving.  I'm guessing we will be pretty sick of turkey by that time.  From there we are on to HanaChristmas.  I am so not ready to begin thinking about that.  No money means very few gifts this year!  I am hoping to get enough subbing to at least make it memorable. 

In the meantime, there is school.  Things are going okay but it seems like just as I get into a course it is time to pick the next ones.  I have picked my classes for next semester already, which means I only have three classes left (and an internship) before I am done with my masters.  I have to start thinking about where I would like to do my internship so I can present options to the Dept. of  Ed.  I still need to write an essay for my application too.  I thought I had it done but I can't seem to locate it.  It will just need to be done again. 

Anyway...

Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment