Saturday, September 17, 2011

Went camping again last night

Today I am tired.  Last night we went up to camp and spent the night with Steve's brother and family.  We were up until midnight, which for us is like missing two nights of sleep.  (We aren't as young as we used to be.  We aren't eating dinner at 4:30 yet, but we're not too far off!)  We left the girls home alone and went away.  This I would say is progress. 

Let me tell you about the night.  First we are now at mid-September.  Mentally we are preparing for our long haul into winter.  I have made our first purchase of winter pellets for heating and have sparked up the pellet stove to make sure no repairs are needed before it is needed.  I was very impressed with the 6-degree climb in temperature in an hour, although Steve cautions me that this is "normal" when the temperatures are not that cold.  Whatever...I was excited.  We have had beautiful weekends lately, or weekends that were totally rained out and miserable.  THIS weekend we had our first overnight dips in temperature to below 40 degrees here in Newton.  We were in Sanbornton, which is in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.  What this means is that temperatures as a rule are 5 to 10 degrees cooler.  Needless to say, we cuddled for warmth overnight.  I woke up in the wee hours of the morning praying to make it through to daylight and cuddled closer to hubby for added warmth.  We survived the cold night and woke to light the fire for our guests and began making breakfast.  That's one cold night under the belt!  We were supposed to stay tonight too, but we came home early.  Seriously, you can only prepare for winter's coming so fast. 

Anyway, we are home now and I would like to get some work done.  First, of course, I need to check e-mail, check in on Facebook, post a blog, and mentally prepare to invest the next three to four hours inserting test results into psychological reports.  Life sometimes is just way too exciting for me to deal with.   No, I have not forgotten about my cancer battle but since I have won the status of cancer free I felt I could spend a little time not focusing on it.  The bald head sometimes makes that difficult but I am certainly getting there.  I had an amazing night out with my husband and our guests.  We got to have two dinners out this weekend so far and reality has to hit eventually, right.  I have one more e-mail account to check and then I will get onto my responsibilities.  But, then again, it is getting on towards evening and I do have to think about what I will be making for dinner.  The sun is going down and the temperature is dropping again (I have the goosebumps to prove it!) so I might, just might, find myself way too distracted to get much done this evening.  Who knows?!

Thanks to Steve, Glen, Jessica, Owen, Devin, Tyler, and Kayleigh for such an awesome break from reality!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment