Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9/6/2011

This is a day to remember!  Emily got her license today and has started driving on her own.  I am very proud of her and also terrified.  She is a good driver but can be a bit impulsive and sometimes overly cautious.  It will be interesting to see how things go in the next few weeks!

As for me, it has been a long day.  The feel of fall is in the air.  It has been rainy and cool all day and the whole day started with Emily's trip to the DMV.  We then went to lunch to celebrate her success and then I came home and got right to work!  I feel like I have been on the keyboard all day, but everything is done now.  I just have to send it on it's way.

It has been one week since surgery.  I, once again, have been extremely lucky.  I felt almost normal right from the start of my postop period.  I have had very little pain and there has been no complications with the incisions.  Today, however, I have had some pain.  I took my Tylenol and moved on with my life but I am definitely aware that something is different in my arm and breast.  Everything looks normal but it is a little tender when I move.  The Steri-strips are starting to fall off and I am getting a look at the incisions.  They look like typical healing surgical incision marks.  Nothing special.  I have one more week before I have to return to Boston for postop checkups.  I am looking forward to these since that means the bandages will be off and I will be able to take a bath once again.  I like showers but I LOVE baths. 

More later...

Keeping the faith! :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment