Thursday, September 1, 2011

My new place...

I dreaded surgery.  Now it is over and I am home healing.  This puts me in a new place emotionally.  I have successfully completed chemo.  I have had, from what I am told, great results from the surgery with no evidence of tumor being found (although final results will come in two weeks).  I am cautiously optimistic in saying that I am cancer free at this time.  The surgery was not as painful as I had expected.  I came home Tuesday night and fell right to sleep (I am guessing this was an effect of the anesthesia.) and woke up first thing yesterday morning ready to go!  I was forced, however, to remain on the couch all day and rest.  My daughers and my neighbors kept checking in to make sure I was not trying to do anything that I was not supposed to.  I did not lift anything with that arm.  I did stuff a couple of loads of laundry through the washer and dryer and made dinner, but nothing much beyond that. 

Today I am a little sorer than yesterday.  There is a bit of pressure, but they said that would happen.  I have one more day before I can shower and get the incisions wet.  Luckily I am not doing anything that makes me sweat too much so I don't feel yucky!  I am a little stiff, however, in the joints -- probably from sitting and waiting so long before surgery.  They had me come in for 8:00 a.m. and I did not have surgery until almost 4:00 p.m.  That was a very long day.  We didn't leave the hospital until 8:00 p.m.  Poor Stevan!

For today I am still taking it easy.  I spent the morning on the couch and now I am doing my transcription.  I will check all my e-mail accounts and respond where I can and when Emily gets home I will hang with her for a bit.  Very exciting life I am leading!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment