Friday, March 30, 2012

I am healed!

I graduated from wound clinic today!  They gave me a diploma and tassel and sent me on my way.  Finally, it is done! 

So what's next?  I have to lose about 60 pounds and develop an activity plan so that I reduce my chances for recurrence.  There are news reports every day about the connection between obesity and inactivity and cancer.  Having been down this road once I hope to never travel it again.  That, of course, means taking off this weight I am carrying around and making sure that the remaining 40s decade is geared towards being healthy and enjoying my life.  That sounds so easy but each day so far I have found an excuse to avoid working out.  I am eating well though, although that could always use improvement.  Better choices, better life!

All of a sudden I am tired.  After getting home from wound clinic and the vet (for Bubba, not me) I sat on the couch for a minute and half an hour later I woke up.  I just seem to be dragging myself around today.  I finally took a vitamin B and I think that has made some difference but there is so much that needs to be accomplished this weekend I think I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the prospect -- Same as every other year when Passover gets here.  This year I will be in my own kitchen running things.  Lauren is coming to help and I think Steve and Emily have plans to be elsewhere and involved in something else until the time comes for sedar.  I don't think I blame them.  :)

Enjoying life!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment