Monday, April 9, 2012

crazy week

Last week flew by and it seems a distant memory now.  Everything hit at once, as it usually does.  The new semester at school started.  I had followup visits with radiation oncology and wound clinic (but I think that was the week before -- they are all blending together at this point) and I had to clean for Passover and get ready for Easter.  There were also the two sedars to prep for, which is a job in itself. 

Treatment is over.  We can start with that.  I have been discharged from wound clinic and do not need to follow up with radiation oncology until the end of May.  I follow up with oncology and surgery May 24th and I am sure that will go just fine.  Good to put that behind me!

As for school, this is the last full time semester before interning in the fall.  They are still trying to get me into TRMS, which is where I would really like to go.  That being said, however, just because that is what I want does not mean that is what will happen...and even if it does, it doesn't mean I will be offered a job there afterwards.  I can only pray and keep positive thoughts flowing in that direction, providing that is still what I want after interning there.  I might find the program they have simply does not feel right.  Who knows?!  Otherwise, I have a couple of really (I mean REALLY) dry courses this semester.  Collaboration and Ethics.  The entire semester will focus around legal precedence and changes in IDEA.  While I know how important this is to someone going into SpEd, I am going to have to struggle to get through it.  I am not into statistics and couldn't care less about legal issues (I just want to do the right thing all the time).  I will persevere!

Personally Passover has arrived.  Sedars were Friday and Saturday nights.  Each was so different even though the basic service is the same.  Friday was pleasant, although chaotic, and everyone seemed to get along and enjoy themselves.  Saturday was more laid back but new people came and didn't really grasp the concept of a sedar.  Unexpected company (of the soft furry kind) and inappropriate (really I mean rude) cell phone use played a large part in the tension.  I will have to be more thoughtful in the future (as well as clear about what the invitation encompasses) regarding to whom I open the door.  I love having new people come and I really enjoy sharing the holiday but I am a little offended when the fidelity of the holiday is disregarded for personal desires.  That being said, that is over and I will not have to worry about it again until next year.  Easter was quiet.  Steve went to work on his new motorcycle and the girls both had to work.  I had the house to myself, which was not too exciting since I spent the time working.  I finished just in time for everyone to arrive home.  No me time.  Whahhhhh!

Spring is here, although it feels like February when the sun is not out.  Temperatures have been between 45 to 60 but the clouds have been hanging around making it feel much cooler.  They keep threatening showers but what we really need is a good rain storm.  Things are a tad dry since we had almost now snow this winter.  Maybe tomorrow.  In the meantime, I have to get to work on school work.  There is a discussion board question I should have done last weekend and never go to. 

Keeping busy looking for spring!
Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment