Monday, December 5, 2011

It's getting old!

This whole deal of taking care of my wound and going to the doctors is getting really old really fast!  I just want to get back to my life.  When I visited the wound clinic on Friday they told me the wound in my underarm was healing fantastically.  However, the wound on my breast had doubled in depth.  I am so frustrated!!  Here I am thinking everything is going really well and now I find out we are twice as far away from being healed than we were a week ago.  Now I get a call from the surgeon and they want to see me ASAP, just to take a look at things.  I almost wish I could cut the damned thing off and leave it with them so they could look at it all they want and I could get on with my life.  I had to take yet another day off to accommodate their curiosity.  I have changed techniques for taking care of this wound more times than I would care to say.  I wish we could just leave it alone and let it heal.  I am never going to get to radiation at this point. 

Beyond that today was a pretty productive day.  The grocery shopping got done.  I submitted my final exam for my math class.  I chose my book for discussion during class for reading and my critical task for that class was submitted over the weekend.  Now all I have to do is show up tomorrow and Thursday and I will get a few weeks off.

Thursday is going to be another busy day too.  I have to go to the wound clinic first thing in the morning.  For lunch I am going out with a friend, my father, stepmother, and hopefully my husband at Julia's, which is the restaurant at the school that Emily goes to.  I am very excited about this.  After that I will come home once again and wait around for a bit before I have to head off to school.  Friday, hopefully, I will be able to work and I will have a much calmer day.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment