Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays everyone!

This is it...the final week before HanuChristmas.  I dragged up the menorrahs this morning and have the candles ready to go.  I have printed instructions on loading and lighting for Lauren (which she then left on the ottoman and forgot to grab her candles).   Latkes have been made and eaten even though Hanakahh has not started yet.  Hanukkah presents have been bought and wrapped and we are ready to get started.  So to my Jewish family and friends...Happy Chanukah! 

As for Christmas, the ham has been purchased and we will be setting up for a small family brunch on Christmas Day.  Christmas Eve will involve sending daughter #2 off to visit with the new boyfriend's family and daughter #1 is doing something with the boyfriends family or friends (I stopped listening for the details).  Steve and I are going to visit with his brother for a little while and I am hoping to maybe go out for a nice dinner or something as a couple before all the craziness starts. 

My mother called to let me know my baby brother is in the hospital with double pneumonia and the flu.  What a way to spend the holidays.  Luckily he seems to be making good progress and I will certainly keep him in my thoughts.  Hopefully he will be home for Christmas. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment