Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's been a while since I posted

Chemo is over.  Our last infusion was Thursday, 7/28.  Since then things have been a little tough.  I have felt weak and not very motivated to do anything.  I have been nauseous a lot.  I am making it through each day but only by dragging my butt around.  Today is Wednesday and it has been a little better.  I am still nauseous, a little, but surviving.  Nothing tastes good anyway so I should just settle on not eating, but then I get even weaker.  I know this will pass.  It always does.  Every day is better than the one before.  I still have headaches occasionally, the nausea, and hemorrhoids but at least the heartburn has been better.  I feel thirsty a lot too so I make sure to drink plenty.  They tell me this is because of the medications.  Whatever!

My hair is starting to grow back.  I have tiny little stubs on my head.  I still need to cover my head when I go out, though.  The Barbie wigs is being worn more often than not.  I still love my hats and always will.  Luckily you don't have to be bald to wear a hat.  I have tiny little eyebrows and my eyelashes are few and far between, but they'll come back. 

My nails are a mess!  I consider myself lucky to still have them on my hands.  It sometimes hurts to hit the keyboard.  I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them fly off while I am typing.  In the meantime I will keep them short and hope for the best.

What do I really have to complain about, honestly?!  I am surviving.  I will have surgery at the end of August and they have told me they expect the prognosis to be better than excellent.  Surgery is likely to be minimal and is only day surgery.  Radition, on the other hand, has to be for 30 treatments (standard of practice, they say) so I am really not looking forward to that.  I must say though that by Thanksgiving I will really have something to be thankful for.  I am looking forward to the holidays this year.  I might choose to keep things simple but they will certainly be special.

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment