Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mosquito bites

I am going to complain about my mosquito bites!  I don't know why I can go through chemo and only complain a little bit but then I spend a night by the firepit and get my ankles bit by mosquitoes and I feel like I am losing my mind!  Why do they like my ankles so much anyway.  The damned things (the bites) keep me up at night scratching, even with hydrocortisone cream applied.  Actually it's nice to have something besides treatment to complain about.  :)

I even got to weed my gardens the other day.  THEY WERE A MESS!  I have not been able to get out there all summer so everything was overgrown and ugly.  I still have the beds out front to do but since I feel a little better every day I think that should be possible soon.  Of course right now we have been dealing with nonstop rain for the past few days.  That kind of makes it hard to work in the garden.  We have reached the sad part of the summer too.  I have no flowers blooming in most of my gardens at the moment.  Well, really that is not true either.  My back gardens have the hydrangeas blooming and out front the black-eyed susans are blooming.  In the big garden out front, though, there is nothing.  Soon, however, the mums will start and color will return.  In the meantime there is plenty of green and, after all, green is a color.  With all this rain the lawn is starting to look green again too. 

Tomorrow is an Aunty day.  My aunt is having cataract surgery and I will be taking her.  It is nice to be on the driving end of a hospital visit again.  The visit is supposed to be a 3-4 hour visit so I think I will probably come home and Emily wants to go shopping at the consignment stores so that is the plan, before we have to pick Aunty up again.  The day after she has a doctor's appointment, to which I will also bring her.  Yes, it is nice to be on the transportation end again rather than the patient end!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment