Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot, hot, hot

We are in the middle of a heat wave, which seems to be a common thing this summer.  This one is nasty, though.  With the dew point temperatures are up around 109 degrees.  I know people in the south would not be very willing to offer much sympathy for this, but for us this is HOT!  We are not made like this.  Now, if temperatures were 10 degrees we would be perfectly fine with that, where southerners might not.  I can actually see heat waves outside my window right now.  I have not watered the garden in days so I am willing to bet there will be no tomatoes this fall.  The beans died a while ago.  Cucumbers are probably not very likely either.  The potatoes will still grow though. 

Inside is not too bad.  We are hovering around 75, I believe, even though the air conditioning it set on 67.  There is no way it will keep up with that much of a challenge.  Extra fans and less clothing works just fine in keeping my temperature down.  I might even jump into a cool shower if things get too uncomfortable.  Boy am I sorry I got rid of the pool right now.  A quick swim and a run back into the air conditioning always felt WONDERFUL.

This is my week without treatment.  I feel relatively well, a little nauseous, probably from the heat.  My sinuses are stuffy too, probably from the awful air.  I might need to take a nap later but for now I am holding in.  My homework has just been finished.  Hopefully I remembered everything.  Next week I look forward to having my last chemo infusion.  I look forward to not being stuck with a needle on a regular basis.  I look forward to not being nauseous all the time.  I do not, however, look forward to having surgery.  No matter what, cutting the body hurts.  I know it is going to be far less severe than it would have been before chemo but still, who wants to be cut open.  I meet with the surgeon Tuesday so hopefully I will know when and for how long I will be out of commission.  I dread being away from the family for too, too long.  A couple of days should be great though.  Let them deal with my stuff. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment