Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another humid day here in NH

I think someone forgot and left the humidifier going.  They say it is going to break tomorrow but geez.  Hot and humid...in August?! 

Not much happening today.  Spent a lot of time doing homework and getting my assignments finished up. These two classes are just about finished and I have seven left before I do my SpEd internship.  I have to start thinking about applying for certification and getting the internship set up.  It seems like just yesterday I was starting.  I am so grateful to my professors that I have been able to continue full steam while undergoing treatment.  To boot, I have maintained a 4.0 average so far.  (Keeping my fingers crossed for continued good luck and success!)  I miss being in school (as a teacher) and very much look forward to getting back into it once school and treatment is over.  In the meantime I am going to try to find something part time that will get me back into a school.

Anyway...I realized last night I have no bottom eyelashes.  It is kind of freaky but I know that they will be growing back soon.  My head is stubbly.  I like to say I have a light five o'clock shadow.  I even have a couple of hairs that are actually measurable -- about an inch long.  You can still see the shine though.  My eyebrows are another laughing matter.  I have one that has turned almost completely blond and the other is only half there.  I was thinking about checking out the Friends Place at DF this week and seeing how much the fake eyebrows are.  I can't do much about the eyelashes (I don't think they make falsies for the bottom) but I know I could get eyebrows again.  Maybe I should just bide my time and wait for my own hair to come back in.  Decisions, decisions!

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment