Saturday, August 20, 2011

My little girl is moving out

I know there comes a point in each mom's life where they watch their little birdies fly solo and my turn has come for the first time.  The lease has been signed.  The boxes are being packed and plans are being made.  Way to go Lauren!!  This is what every mom waits for.  We work so hard to get them going in the right direction.  We nag, we yell, we encourage, we support and then finally we watch them fly.  I could not be any prouder than I am.  The best news is that she will continue to go to school and hopefully will finish her degree as planned.  I would hate to see her give up on this plan simply because new challenges are going to present themselves.  When things seem hardest it is most important to hang onto your dreams (are you listening Lauren?)!  You can't forget how important those dreams are to you. 

Emily is starting school on the 29th.  She is a junior this year.  She will have the new experience of attending a technical school rather than the normal high school.  I think this will be very exciting for her, although a little anxiety producing since it is a new adventure.  Hopefully she will get her license next week and will be able to drive herself to school, enjoying some of the independence she has been looking forward to.  I hope she too has been listening and that she realizes independence comes with lots of responsibility.  My fingers are crossed!

As for the parents in this situation, we are hanging in.  Things are changing rapidly, and daily.  We look forward to having time to ourselves again and getting to know each other all over again.  I have to give us credit in that department, though.  We have never really completely stopped dating so we have a pretty good idea that we still like each other, at least a little bit.  I can't imagine life without him -- even on those days when he comes home after a two hour commute and is an absolute bear to deal with.  We all get tired and frustrated and it's good we can recognize it. 

Keeping the faith!
Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment