Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tough treatment this week

I am not complaining, really.  The infusion just hit me a little harder this week than any other week.  I just wanted to sleep and the nausea was a little rough.  Things are better now.  I have been sleeping as much as I can and trying really hard to keep myself hydrated and my tummy happy.  I seem to be loving milk right now.  Silly thing!  I have never really not liked milk -- I just didn't really have a focus on it.  Now I do.  It seems to settle my tummy better than anything else.  It's good for me too. 

There has been a lot of homework to worry about this week too.  I seem to be at my computer typing away for days on end and get no closer to having everything done.  I guess it is just that we have come to the midpoint in the class and assignments are coming due.  These are things, of course, that I could have been working on all along but I get so focused on the reading and doing the day-to-day things I forget about the big assignments looming in the distance.  I did get a couple of very important things passed in today so that is progress.  Now I have to go and read a case study so I can work on an action plan with my wiki group.  I am a little concerned about this assignment since one of the ladies is in Arizona and will be starting school next week.  Seems to me she will be a little preoccupied by that, but she seems to be plugged into the course too so I shouldn't worry about it.  The other lady seems to post things quite late so I am not sure how that is going to go.  I have faith in my peers and I am sure this is not an assignment I will complete by myself. 

As for home, the heat is back.  Not a fan, myself.  The hubby has gotten his car issues mostly under control.  There was a little glitch with the Acura but I am sure that will work itself out this week.  Emily is already bored with her summer break.  Lauren is stressed beyond belief about working so many hours and being a good manager.  She needs a stress pill, I think.  I am sure she is doing a wonderful job and that her GM is very impressed with her.  As for me, I am suffering some simple annoyances of chemotherapy.  My nails are sore and look horrible.  I have heartburn.  I am tired most of the time.  I have one more infusion and then chemo is done.  I meet my surgeon a week from Tuesday and I will know then what the plan of action will be.  I am lined up for my last set of scans and will soon be able to say those too are behind me.  Cancer free is a concept they are throwing around right now even though they have not said those exact words.  Amazing progression to noncancer status is more in line with what the doctors have said.  Cure is still on the horizon but I am tremendously hopeful. 

Keeping the faith!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment