Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring is here

and so is the rain.  I think it has been raining here for no less than a week straight.  I am starting to turn gray, like the clouds.  It was a busy week too.  I had to work Monday and Wednesday (although I was available Tuesday too, but didn't get a call) and then Thursday and Friday I had to do observation hours for high school.  Thursday was seven hours and Friday I managed to stay for three.  There is is...ten hours done!  I'm not sure that I will ever return to high school but I am not voluntarily going to do so.  There has to be money involved!!

I am midway through my courses already this semester.  I have midterm exams Tuesday and Thursday although the Thursday exam is online and ready to go when I am.  I am more concerned at this point about the Tuesday exam since it is a traditional exam with no notes or books -- rom memory and mostly essay.  This scares me greatly!  The book is almost impossible to read and stay awake so I have not been very successful in reading the chapters.  I have skimmed them and tried to take notes to help summarize them but still I can't even use the notes I created and I blanked out the last time I had to take a written test.  Lots of prayers on Tuesday evening, please.

As for my health...I feel almost normal.  I have had some pain in the left breast lately, like a bruising pain, and I guess this is what is supposed to happen.  There is no bruising and there is no discharge or lesions so I am not stressing over it.  I will speak to the oncologist about it when I go at the end of the month.  I did get a call from my surgeon's office to let me know that she is moving her practice to South Shore Hospital and will not see patients at DF any longer.  Sorry,,,love ya but I am not going to the Cape for followup.  There are other surgeons if I need to see one and I have my original surgeon at DF anyway, as long as she doesn't go anywhere and if she does there will be another.  This is NOT a stressor in my life.  I look forward to checking in with the oncologist and the radiation oncologist the following week.  Things are going well and I am trying to focus on being active and eating well in the hopes of taking off some of the weight I need to take off.  My goal is 1 pound a week and I had lost 3 pounds.  I have not stepped on the scale yet this week but I have had a bit of a binge on chocolate too so I am a little leery.  I really need to work on that!

I will keep trying!  :~)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment