Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Life takes over

I was so much better at this blogging thing while I was out of work and getting treatment.  Things seem to get away from me now and I have been very busy.  I am almost, ALMOST looking forward to summer break.  What I think is wonderful is that this summer I will not be spending my days at the hospital, we will have a student from Spain for July, and I don't have to worry (well I have to consider, but not worry) about making sure I have enough sunscreen on.  I can work in my gardens and go places.  I should have energy enough to have a really great summer.  I AM SO GRATEFUL!

I actually have a visit with my oncologist on Thursday.  I will make the trek to Boston and check in.  It almost makes me nauseous at this point to think about going there, especially when I think about everything I went through to get better.  Again, I am so grateful to be on this side of the diagnosis.

Summer is coming quickly.  School is winding down (both work school and school school).  I have gotten my placement for the fall and I think it is going to be terrific!  I was not thrilled about going to the Co-Op but, as I always say, thing work out the way they are supposed to and there is a reason for everything.  I really like the teacher I will be working with.  We have very similar teaching styles and belief systems.  I think I will get a lot out of it. 

Looking forward to (and am grateful for) a future!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment