Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring break

I have really enjoyed having paychecks coming in again.  That being said, I really needed to rest so I was very glad when I did not get a call for Friday.  I got up at the usual 5:00 to walk the dog and get the husband off to work.  Luckily Emily got herself up so when I fell back to sleep it was really no big deal.  I drifted in and out until she left at 7:00 after which I was out like a light.  I woke up to Nate Berkus' voice at 10:00.  I guess I must have been a little sleepy.  I felt rested until after lunch when I felt myself drifting off again.  I think I must be really low on my B vitamins.  That is an easy fix. 

I am frustrated with myself.  I gained 10 pounds during chemo and I have yet to be able to take it off.  I am very active so I know it is what I am eating that is bringing me down.  I have not learned how to manage the swings of menopause that chemo brought on.  Mood swings, weight gain, low energy, hot flashes, etc is a little hard to wrap my head around so I guess I am just stuck in the mud.  I am hoping that the onset of spring will help me drag myself out of it and set me on the path to continued good health.  It would be great if I could get a good night's sleep too.  The new mattress is wonderful and the night sweats ensure that I enjoy every minute of my time on it with full awareness of the comfort.  I have had the windows open and the fan blowing full boar but still I watch the hours tiptoe by.  I am thinking maybe more outside time during the day will help...do you see a pattern emerging here?

I visited the cemetary today with my Aunt.  We cleaned up the gravesites and paid our respects and I truly feel great about making the journey.  I had not visited for a while since I was focused on my recovery and I think it feels good to return to the "normal" routine.  Walking up that hill from the bottom where my grandparents are to the top where my great aunts and great grandmother are is still challenging but I would much rather walk the hill than not make the effort.  It makes me fell good to be able to get from the bottom to the top.  I'm still here on top of the dirt :).

Grateful for each day!
Kim :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment